Friday, February 24, 2012

A bunch of random pictures! Yay!

A traditional Maasai hut, made from manure, by the mother of the household

My friends Becca and Maggie all decked out in their Maasai wear

Helping my Maasai host mom collect grass for the calves and baby goats

cutting cabbage! Lucy looks so happy because it was probably hilarious watching me struggle to do that in my hand.

Becca, cooking ugali- a water and cornmeal mixture which tastes like a very satisfying nothing

adding salt to the cabbage!

a very cute little girl whose name I can't remember

Lucy and Abraham, my Maasai mom and brother for a day!

Abraham with Joshua, his big brother

using a machete to clean firewood!

Lucy being a beast and ripping off thorny tree branches with her bare hands!

I love these next two pictures! this one is Becca dancing with some of the mamas at the tourist manyatta we went to

an awesome picture of Julia and Anna dancing with the mamas

The Morans (maasai warriors) did a dance for us as well...they jump so high that I couldn't even get the whole thing in the shot!

Maggie, Ally, Ian, and Emily inside one of the huts

Oops...back to the homestay pictures I guess...making chai!

the whole family!

I figured it was time for you to see where I live! My row of bandas

My banda! Panya means rat...which is appropriate considering the other roommates we seem to have

Kilimanjaro! It's beautiful with all that snow...

Some of us in front of Kili...staring off into the distance...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment